Saturday, August 16, 2008

a few good things

Ok, so for starters- Jon has a job.
I took a job working as an in-house recruiter (like a corporate recruiter in the US) for AEA, an environmental consulting firm. www.aeat.co.uk
I will be starting in about 2 weeks and will be recruiting scientists, engineers and IT people. It will be a nice challenge and a new role, working on-site at a secure facility for 1 client (the guards at the gate have guns and you can see the nuclear {pronoucned nuk-u-lar} towers a couple of miles away...
I could have started sooner but with the bank holiday coming up and with our trip to Scotland it just made sense to start a bit later (as per their request). Plus, they pay a generous car allowance, which will be awesome and help our finances!!! Robin is already in Scotland, I head out tomorrow AM for the week+. We have some cool trips booked and look forward to seeing Glasgow, Edinburgh, Loch Ness, Inverness, Highlands, Stirling, Wallace monument, etc...
Also, we have a CAR! I found a Honda Accord I really like and drove it today. Ok, so driving on the other side of the road was not as big of a deal as I thought it would be. So, it's like an EX in the US- sunroof, leather, etc. It has 93k miles so it's a baby of a Honda and a great deal. I plan to pick it up the day I get back from Scotland (a week from Tues). The fellow needs it for another week as he's waiting for a company car to be delivered and his wife has a baby due- congrats!
Also, Robin goes back to the US in about 2 weeks to get Felix and Jack, our little buddies. Well, I look forward to seeing them both and they actually get back on my 1st day at AEA.
I think that about sums it up. Great news and good times in the UK.

No comments: