Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Fountain of Youth?

I've always thought my complexion looks much better in England. Fine lines disappear, my skin is clearer, and the damp weather means dry skin isn't an issue (I am being serious here, it is much improved in just a couple of days). My friends and I were also talking a couple of weeks ago about how our English coworkers all look much younger than their actual ages. Our theory is that this is because they get so much less sun, so their skin doesn't prematurely age like those of us from the sunny south. So forget the Botox and expensive anti-aging creams, my friends, a trip to the UK is the ticket to eternal youth!

The downside to this, of course, is the rain, which is coming down like cats and dogs today. I thought it was so nice to have some exercise and fresh air yesterday when I was walking from the bus stop to work, but I have to tell you it is not so nice in the pouring rain. My shoes were soaked through by the time I got here. I noticed other girls with similar shoes to me, and they did not seem at all bothered by this- is it just because they're so used to it? Are English feet somehow water-repellent as a result of evoltion? I'll do some research and keep you posted.

In other news, when I got home from work last night, the chair and loveseat that were in our living room have been inexplicably replaced by a really big futon! It is probably more actual seating area than the sofa and loveseat, but I liked have the different seating options. A little more disturbing is that the landlord apparently went in the house while I wasn't there, which seems kind of sketchy to me (not that I would rather have him bust in while I was home). He did do some work in the garden, though, which I appreciated. Now if I can just get him to have the place cleaned...

Back to work now!

1 comment:

Dean said...

I thought it was that the beer was made from better water. That's what keeps you young looking.